- Clear leaves and other debris from the garden
- Pull any leftover weeds from the garden paths
- Gather all leftover plant supports left in the garden from last year and put them near the garden locker
- Lay down newspaper on all bare patches on the garden paths
- Put a thick layer of mulch on top of the newspaper
- Spread cornmeal gluten on all paths throughout the garden. Cornmeal gluten is an organic weed inhibitor that will work with the mulch and the newspaper to hinder weed growth.
- Shovels, garden forks for moving mulch
- Garden rakes
- Leaf rakes
- Garden spreaders, for spreading cornmeal gluten
- Newspapers, to cover bare spots
Right now, we'd like to assign plots and open the garden Sunday March 24, when we'll also be rebuilding the irrigation system. More to come on that later.
We look forward to working with you to get the garden ready.